What You’ll Need: Mason jar / Small trees (Michaels sells a whole bag for $21; download the app for a 50% off coupon) / Little ornaments or pine cones that you may want to add / Hot glue gun / Glitter or fake snow (available at any craft store) / Twine or your favorite ribbon
1. Unscrew the lid from your jar and hot glue gun your trees (and pine cones if you’re using them) to the lid. Make sure you do not glue anything around the rim of the lid, to ensure that you will be able to screw the lid back on.
2. Fill your jar with approximately 1-2 inches of “snow” or glitter.
3. Carefully screw your lid onto the jar (the trees will be upside down during this step). Make sure the lid is screwed on tight.
4. Flip your jar over and watch the “snow” fall.
5. Tie a piece of twine or your favorite ribbon around the lid for an extra festive touch.
These make an amazing and affordable holiday gift. Or if you are really not crafty, Anthropologie sells these adorable versions. Thanks Chelsea!